Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chapter 4: A Must Do






Here is a MUST DO for anyone who lives in CA. If you are visiting CA and have an entire day to do it. I would strongly encourage it.

The beauty that reveals itself as you drive from San Francisco to Santa Barbara is like few things I have ever seen before. I was up in SF for a long weekend and we decided to take the scenic route home and boy was it worth it. It left you wanting to stop and take pictures at every pull off Vista Point that you could get your hands on. The only problem is that it would take forever to get home if you did that because everything is so beautiful. It was continuous beauty. It just didn't stop. I kept thinking to myself....oh this is really pretty but it will probably end just around that bend up there. But NO, I was wrong the crashing blue waves, bordered by rocks and mountain cliffs went on for hundreds of miles.

The Route 1 (PCH) route takes you through Santa Cruz, Carmel, Big Sur, San Luis Obispo, past Hearst Castle, and into Santa Barbara. Just trust me on this one...it's worth it.

3 comments:

Meg said...

That is a road trip that I've wanted to do. I will for sure do it sometime now that you said it is a must :) Awesome pictures!

Clark said...

I drove down highway 1 in Sept, I've always wanted to drive it. It's my favorite place in the world. I have pictures at some of the exact some places as you.

kate said...

Picture perfect....