\pes-TIF-uh-ruhs\, adjective:
1. Bearing or bringing disease.
2. Infected with or contaminated by a pestilential disease.
3. Morally evil or dangerous to society; pernicious.
4. Bothersome; troublesome; annoying.
Today's Doctor Dictionary Word of the Day seemed rather appropriate considering the fact that about 72% of the people I am constantly around are "bearing or bringing disease" into my presence. It all starts with the sore throat, and then the cough, and then the achy body. From that point on you get a runny and stuffing nose, not being able to breathe and enjoy the subtle smell of salt water or whatever scent defines where you live.
On that note, California has such a distinct smell. I only smell it occasionally but sometimes when I smell it, it brings back fond memories of my sisters old house in Long Beach. It isn't pleasant, in fact it really smells bad. The onion smelling plant can be found at the park, right by the waterfront in Laguna Beach or on Main Street in Huntington Beach near the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I don't suggest seeking it out but next time you are in California, pay attention to the onion smelling plant that creates part of California identity.
Kaitlyn's Recommendation: Carmel Apple Cider from Starbucks
No comments:
Post a Comment