Friday, February 20, 2009

Forever Faithful

Today just re-confirmed why I have chosen to be forever faithful to two of my favorites products.







About a month ago my Verizon phone just died on me (it had been almost 2 years) and I lost all phone numbers. Now if this has every happened to you, you can relate to how unfortunate it is. I thought Verizon was going to be able to recover them and switch them to my new phone but because the area where I charge my phone had been damaged, Verizon was unable to make the transfer and I would have to rely on my social ability to reconnect with all of my friends and obtain new contact info. Keep in mind that I had 423 "friends" to reconnect with. That would take far to much time so I thought to myself, well...the people who really care to contact me will do so in some way and that's all I really need. Unfortunately, I had a lot of phone numbers in there that could fall under the "networking" category and I accepted that they were probably lost forever.....UNTIL TODAY.

I walked into the Verizon store and Joel gave me the best customer service. With gadgets in hand I explained the situation and how Lisa, the girl who sold me my new phone told me that there may be another secret way to recover those numbers. With hammer and nails all ready to go, Joel began fixing my phone. Ok really, it was a mouse and a computer screen not hammer and nails but to geeks, that is tantamount to hammer and nails.

With a twist here and a tweek there, all 423 numbers were returned home to their rightful abode. Welcome back everyone.

WHY DOVE?

Why not? Allow me to shed some light on the company that I will support for as long as I live. Not only do I love Dove body wash, deodorant, hand soap, and shampoo and conditioner, but I also love the message that they are delivering about true beauty. Before I continue please watch this clip. "No wonder our perception of beauty is so distorted."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U

We live in a society where true beauty for men and women is altered. I don't have a problem with make-up and getting your hair done. I am a firm believer that an awesome haircut can make the world of difference. I do however, have a problem when people start a journey with an image of one person's beauty and completely alter it into something that didn't previously exist. It creates in us a desire and sometimes a "need" to change our appearance and to not be happy with the skin that we are in. Embrace who you are and love it. Yes that's right, embrace the imperfections and the things in all the wrong places and understand that it's who you are and you are the masterpiece of an artist.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Welcome back to the blog world! I too love Verizon and Dove :) That is great that they were able to get all your numbers back!

Krista & Tyler said...

Isn't that video rad? We watched it in a woman's health class in college, and it was shocking :) our teacher adamantly encouraged us to buy dove - good job!

Mutation's Cantation said...

oh i remember how you love verizon so.... umm at least you still have my number memorized. right?? what is it?